05 septiembre 2005

The Apartment. Billy Wilder (1960)



Fran: I think I'm going to give it all up.
Bud: Give what up?
Fran: Why do people have to love people, anyway?
Bud: Yeah, I know what you mean. (He deals and then flips over a card) Queen.
Fran: I don't want it.
Bud: Pick a card.
Fran: What do you call it when somebody keeps getting smashed up in automobile accidents
Bud: A bad insurance risk?
Fran: That's me with men. I was jinxed from the word go - the first time I was ever kissed was in a cemetery.
Bud: A cemetery?
Fran: I was fifteen. We used to go there to smoke. His name was George. And he threw me over for a drum majorette.
Bud: Gin. (He spreads out his winning hand and then adds up the points) Thirty-six and twenty-five. That's sixty-one and two boxes. (He writes the score on a pad)
Fran: I just have this talent for falling in love with the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

(...)

Fran: Why can't I ever fall in love with somebody nice like you?
Bud: Yeah, well, that's the way it crumbles, cookie-wise.

(...)

Bud: Me, I used to live like Robinson Crusoe, I mean shipwrecked among eight million people. Then, one day I saw a footprint in the sand, and there you were. It's a wonderful thing, dinner for two.
Fran: You usually eat alone?
Bud: Oh no. Sometimes I have dinner with Ed Sullivan, sometimes Dinah Shore or Perry Como. The other night, I had dinner with Mae West. Of course, she was much younger then.

(...)

Fran: (after shuffling the cards) Cut.
Bud: I love you, Miss Kubelik.
Fran: (She looks at her card) Three. (She looks at Bud's card) Queen.
Bud: Did you hear what I said, Miss Kubelik? I absolutely adore you.
Fran: (abruptly as she smiles and hands him the cards) Shut up and deal!

3 Comentarios:

Blogger Munchausen dijo...

¡Ya decía yo que lo de miss Kubelik me recordaba de algo!

lunes, 05 septiembre, 2005  
Blogger Telémako dijo...

Supongo que todos estamos condenados a pensar que en el amor estamos malditos hasta que encontramos a ESA persona que se convierte en la ultima, ¿no?

Encantado señorita =)

lunes, 05 septiembre, 2005  
Blogger Ojos_verdes dijo...

Me alegro descubrir gracias a ti tu blog y me gusta lo que veo asi que me tendras en tus visitas. por cierto preciosa peli.
un fuerte abrazo

jueves, 20 octubre, 2005  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home